Beefeater

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Beefeater

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Beef (Uncle Ler0y) has been removed from clan. This is a no drama clan. Therefore, we do not intend to discuss the details of his removal.

Dr Brad
Oobz
Poppy Koc
morituri te salutant

Gridenough
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Gridenough

Re: Beefeater

Post by Gridenough » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:16 pm

a thunderbolt like this can not be a no drama issue. Beef IS drama

mozcheez
RSN: mozcheez

Post by mozcheez » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:29 pm

:o
[img]http://stat.rsig.eu/23000/mozcheez.png[/img][url=http://rsig.eu/u/mozcheez][img]http://advlog.rsig.eu/27463/mozcheez.png[/img][/url]
[spoiler][sig]2012-April-Thieving-2nd-mozcheez.jpg[/sig]
[img]http://www.koaclan.info/forums/download ... hp?id=2307[/img]
[sig]2012-01_Smithing_3rd-Moz.png[/sig]
[img]http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/200/ ... pt2010.gif[/img][/spoiler]

lacey days
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Lacey Days
RSN2: AgedSquirel

Post by lacey days » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Very sad day =(
Respect your choice though, can't have been easy for whatever reason.
*•„¸¸„•*^*•„¸¸^*•„¸¸..;Lacey Days;..¸¸„•*^¸¸„•*^*•„¸¸„•*
¸;›^¸.¸•º°˜°º•„¸¸„..Catch a star for me..„¸¸„•º°˜°º•¸.¸^‹;¸
..........`«„¸¸„»´.........˜°º•„¸¸„...„¸¸„•º°˜..........`«„¸¸„»´.........

scootch
RSN: Scootchy

Post by scootch » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:42 pm

lator tator

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Thanks admin, im sure this was a hard choice

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:14 pm

Wow, that's a bit of a shocker.
Would it be too much to ask for a reason? I am not looking for details or drama but when a senior, and very active member gets booted or abruptly leaves it can present some concerns.

EDIT: If you can't, I understand.

Rawstar
RSN: Rawstar

Post by Rawstar » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:25 pm

I totally agree with Chris. Everyone deserves privacy and we all respect that, but we are meant to be a mature clan and Im sure you could of either skipped the 'removed from clan' statement or added a small explanation..rule-breaking, personal differences..etc. The way this has been posted does nothing but attract drama.

Gridenough
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Gridenough

Post by Gridenough » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:57 pm

I absolutely agree with the last two entries. I am mostly retired from business now, but in my more active days when dismissals are really intended to be low drama the announcement is a nice but insincere "we regret to say that so and so is leaving to spend more time with his/her family" or some such. When one party dismisses another and the party in power states it was a dismissal, not voluntary, the worst is usually expected to be assumed.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:26 pm

We are working on a response to your concerns.
morituri te salutant

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Working on a response? Like Raw said, we are all adults here. Just tell it how it was..................

You have nothing to hide because you took an admin decision on 'something' that happened, unless it was a 'knee jerk' reaction to something, wasn't given time to cool down, then discussed with the other admins/ staff.

Recently a long term member was 'removed' for allegedly trolling the forums, then re-instated a few days afterwards. I thought this was very embarrassing for Admin at the time and a big knee jerk reaction that wasn't thought through correctly.

I'm looking forward to the official version of events only because the loss of any member, indeed a long standing member and staff member can be devastating to our clan.

Andy

Tamal
RSN: Tamal

Post by Tamal » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:30 pm

Prefacing a statement with "no drama" is like saying "no offense, but..." before saying something offensive.

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:38 pm

As you know, we don't usually discuss the circumstances why someone leaves the clan. This is a gaming community, and we like to focus on having fun together and escaping from the drudgery and stresses of every day life. However, we also recognize that this is a special circumstance. To many, Beef was a bastion of the clan. Friendly, outgoing, active, etc. However, over the last year, we received complaints (and confirmed them) about his stalking and harrassing KoA members both in game and IRL. We became very concerned about this and removed him from staff. We warned Beef to stop this behaviour. Recently, a new KoA member reached out to us stating they felt threatened -- just like what happened to others several months ago. We were concerned that Beef's actions were detrimental to individuals as well as to the KoA community and its harmony.

What we do is to ensure the safety and security of the clan. We do this for the good of the clan. We take our responsibility to you, our fellow KoA members, very seriously.

Dr Brad
Oobz
Poppy Koc
Image Image

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Oobz wrote:As you know, we don't usually discuss the circumstances why someone leaves the clan. This is a gaming community, and we like to focus on having fun together and escaping from the drudgery and stresses of every day life. However, we also recognize that this is a special circumstance. To many, Beef was a bastion of the clan. Friendly, outgoing, active, etc. However, over the last year, we received complaints (and confirmed them) about his stalking and harrassing KoA members both in game and IRL. We became very concerned about this and removed him from staff. We warned Beef to stop this behaviour. Recently, a new KoA member reached out to us stating they felt threatened -- just like what happened to others several months ago. We were concerned that Beef's actions were detrimental to individuals as well as to the KoA community and its harmony.

What we do is to ensure the safety and security of the clan. We do this for the good of the clan. We take our responsibility to you, our fellow KoA members, very seriously.

Dr Brad
Oobz
Poppy Koc

lacey days
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Lacey Days
RSN2: AgedSquirel

Post by lacey days » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Ty for sharing this with us, having had a similar experience on RS myself, it is good to know you have our best interests at heart.
*•„¸¸„•*^*•„¸¸^*•„¸¸..;Lacey Days;..¸¸„•*^¸¸„•*^*•„¸¸„•*
¸;›^¸.¸•º°˜°º•„¸¸„..Catch a star for me..„¸¸„•º°˜°º•¸.¸^‹;¸
..........`«„¸¸„»´.........˜°º•„¸¸„...„¸¸„•º°˜..........`«„¸¸„»´.........