KoA transition from FC --> CC

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

KoA transition from FC --> CC

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Dear clan members:

RuneScape is evolving, and Jagex is making a lot of changes, especially with regard to clan support. KoA needs to keep up with those changes. It's very hard to stay with the old way of doing things AND adapt to these changes. Admin and staff are spending many hours every week updating disparate member lists and trying to keep things in synch. It's not a good use of anyone's time.

Therefore, we will soon require all clan members to join the in-game Clan Chat (CC). It's time to move the clan from the Friends Chat ("Koa Clan") to the Clan Chat ("Kingdom of Asgarnia"). We will remove the Friends Chat (FC), "KoA Clan", in 2 weeks. There will not be a KoA "Friend" status in the new CC.

Here is how we plan on managing on-going Clan Chat (CC) issues:

1) No LS/CS in CC.
- LS/CS events should take place in the event host's Friends Chat (FC).

2) The prefix [Kingdom of Asgarnia] begins every chat text line.
- Dr Brad spoke to a JMod about this. The JMod stated Jagex's intent to allow clans to shorten the prefix. However, the JMod didn't provide a timeframe when this fix will be in place. However, this was partially resolved when Jagex allowed longer text to wrap to a new line.

3) We will keep the CC open to "guests" for 2 weeks after the FC closes allowing any remaining non-CC members to decide whether to join the CC or not. If they decide not join the CC, then they lose KoA membership.

For most of you, the transition will be minimal. Most of you are already listed in the CC. You will need to learn to use the CC to "speak" instead of the FC.

For the minority of you, you will need to decide whether or not to continue with the clan. Some of you are multi-clanners where you may already be in another clan's CC. We understand. Tough choices ahead for some.

How do I get invited to the CC? Meet up with a staff person in game and they can invite you. It's pretty quick to do.

The timeline:

1) Today -- Begin transition to CC
2) December 1st -- KoA Clan Friends Chat inactivated; non-CC KoA members may access CC as a guest
2) December 14th -- CC closed only to KoA members. No guest access. (Guests may still access the citadel, just not the CC)

Blarny3
Dr Brad
Poppy Koc
morituri te salutant

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Re: KoA transition from FC --> CC

Post by Shortstuff » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Thankyou Admin and staff

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:38 pm

To use a clan chat channel, type // before anything you write. This will automatically be sent to everyone else in the CC.

Alternatively, type /c to speak in the CC (See http://services.runescape.com/m=news/ch ... a-controls)
morituri te salutant

kingedward20
RSN: noobiest138

Post by kingedward20 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:46 pm

all im gonna say is ......this is bull.....

there are some people who enjoy being in more than 1 clan, like myself, I enjoy koa for the events and active chat (most the time).
yet, i like my other clan because they too have events and 2 skillweeks per month.

im saddened that koa will move to the jagex cc, but i'll think it over and decide which one i'll stay with i guess.

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:06 pm

In spite of some obvious issue we may face, for me personally it will be an improvement with the ability to simultaneously be able to speak with KoA as well as various friend chats.

Hopefully it works out for the best for everyone although clearly some tough decisions may be required.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:11 pm

kingedward20 wrote:all im gonna say is ......this is bull.....

there are some people who enjoy being in more than 1 clan, like myself, I enjoy koa for the events and active chat (most the time).
yet, i like my other clan because they too have events and 2 skillweeks per month.

im saddened that koa will move to the jagex cc, but i'll think it over and decide which one i'll stay with i guess.
It's important to distinguish between what may be perceived as bad for Ed vs. what's good for the clan.
morituri te salutant

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:26 pm

kingedward20 wrote:all im gonna say is ......this is bull.....

Does your other clan allow guests in? if so, maybe you could be a member of KoA cc, and be part of their clan as a guest, only difference being, is you got to press /// in a guest instead of //, just a suggestion so u dont have to lose either clans

Torri
RSN: Tynset

Post by Torri » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:52 pm

I, for one, see this as a positive transition. A person's primary clan should be in the CC. This will make going mini-game fcs and other things much easier for members who wish to enjoy them without losing touch with the clan.
[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img43/5832/36320 ... 081185.jpg[/img]

[spoiler][sig]2012-03_Firemaking_1st-Torri.png[/sig][/spoiler]

Huzzah
RSN: Huzzah

Post by Huzzah » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:55 pm

I feel bad for those who have to choose although it actually benefits me.

Theres been times I wanted to join other friend chats (Fast Effigy for example, RS Fan Sites for another) and unable to chat there and Koa at the same time. Good move admins.
[b]Classic:[/b] Combat 084 - 1134 Total Level.
[b]Pre-Eoc[/b] Combat 121 - 2288 Total Level.

Retired fall of 2012. Goodluck Koa! :)

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Only difference for me is that I will have to start using // to talk. 8O I am already the worst 'wc' chatter in RS history. I am in trouble! :lol:

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:57 pm

shortyp wrote:Does your other clan allow guests in? if so, maybe you could be a member of KoA cc, and be part of their clan as a guest, only difference being, is you got to press /// in a guest instead of //, just a suggestion so u dont have to lose either clans
OR "/g" instead of "///"
morituri te salutant

Darth Kaz2
Inactive
RSN: Darth Kaz2

Post by Darth Kaz2 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:12 pm

I want to be signed up as the friend of a guest's friend of a clan member's guest talking in an fc that is a subset of a cc.
For example:

[Kingdom of Asgarnia]: ///c///////f/////g////////m//////Hi all :)

That's not too complicated, is it? :lol:

lacey days
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Lacey Days
RSN2: AgedSquirel

Post by lacey days » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:10 pm

This is a very difficult choice for me, as I am one of the few who are active in a fc and a cc. The reason I came to KOA was because of it's structure, and I felt the need for a more adult conversation on RS. The Clan I am with is a Star clan, and I have been with them for 18months now, as a normal member, and for the past 8 months as their leader and General. My involvement with them has been slowing down, but their membership is suffering, and out of loyalty to the new leader, I cannot leave them now. The clan will dissolve should I leave, so it is with regret, that I shall be terminating my membership here with KOA. Hopefully I shall be allowed to re-join should the situation change with my other clan.
*•„¸¸„•*^*•„¸¸^*•„¸¸..;Lacey Days;..¸¸„•*^¸¸„•*^*•„¸¸„•*
¸;›^¸.¸•º°˜°º•„¸¸„..Catch a star for me..„¸¸„•º°˜°º•¸.¸^‹;¸
..........`«„¸¸„»´.........˜°º•„¸¸„...„¸¸„•º°˜..........`«„¸¸„»´.........

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Thank you, Lacey. You need not leave until Dec 15th if that helps. (when guest access goes away)
morituri te salutant

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:28 pm

I am confused on something, if the other clans offer guest access, why would you have to leave koa?