New requirements? and new koa adverts.

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

New requirements? and new koa adverts.

Post by Deep_Pain » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:44 pm

Going to get the new KoA adverts posted today.

just wanted to check what staff and members thought about a slight edit to requirements.

We have 100+ combat or 1500 skill total (or 1100 f2p total) at the moment. Was wondering if anyone would have an objections to changing to 100+ f2p combat (no summoning) or 1500 skill total (or 1100 f2p skill total)

Basically just bumping up the requirements to as they were before summoning.

Obviously this wouldnt affect anyone in the clan now, even if they fell below them.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Re: New requirements? and new koa adverts.

Post by Ewsentinel » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:26 pm

I'm fine with increasing the requirements. With summoning, 100 cb is very easy to get.

damnimmart
Inactive

Post by damnimmart » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:34 pm

I don't think it's necessary for this clan to raise the requirements.
I wouldn't even mind when we got rid of the combat level requirement. that's basically a requirement for a combat oriented clan which we are not.
only the total level requirement would be enough I'd say. a total level of 1500 shows enough dedication to the game to be able to get in the clan. And since we are an 18+ clan I'm not afraid that low level noobs will join the clan in the hope to get "phr33 st00f" or anything like that.

Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:39 pm

In a perfect world, I'd agree with that Damni. But the fact is that we can't really confirm the age requirement. Having a combat requirement filters that out a bit it, at the very least it restricts kids with dedication to apply.

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Deep_Pain » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:04 pm

I agree with sentinel.

Also we are as you say mart not a combat based clan, however we are not a skilling only clan either.

The reason I think 100+ or 1500+ works is that we do hold a mixture of events, not all skillers have a high combat, 1500+ isn't that high a target, but does filter a little, partly filters because of the fact it takes time to get, but also filters because our skilling events need a half decent skill level to start with.

Being 1500+ or 100+ means that skillers can come and enjoy our skill events, they probably wont attend our combat events if they are not 100+ as they are quite tough events.. godwars kq, in future pking etc..

and the mirror of that is not all combat people have a very high skill total, my skill total before 10 dec was around 1300. Not sure exactly, they will want to attend our combat events but probably not as much our skilling events, If we got rid of the 100 combat requirement and had only skills requirement then a lot of over 18 people who enjoy combat would be excluded.

I think as sentinel said, since summoning, the ease of which to get 100 combat is comparitively low to that of achieving 1500 skill total.

All over 18 clans will have kids apply, not much we can do about it really, but we don't have adult content, so it doesn't really matter too much for us I think, as long as they are mature, as sentinel says at least it restricts it to kids with dedication.

Ok we don't really have any rules about swearing, but if a kid did manage to sneak in, they'd probably see less fould language here than in your average clan.

Unless we had irrefutable proof someone was under 18 I wouldn't like to kick them from the clan, and to be honest I don't want the egal ramifications of running a website that collects that amount of personal information to be able to prove if someone is over 18 or not.

However if someone joined the clan who was particularly immature, for whatever reason, flaming, calling people noob all the time, or whatever, I would happily kick them str8 away, whatever age they claim to be.

I think that's the fundemental weakness of these so called "mature" clans that dont have an age restriction. They have rules about flaming, arguing, swearing etc etc.. but they don't kick people for being immature.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

digimac
Inactive

Post by digimac » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:58 pm

I agree with raising it as mentioned with summoning cmb 100 is pretty easy, and althou we are not a 'combat' clan as such, it really would restrict some activities, also I think a higher lvl indicates some kind of time commitment or planning to the game. Alot of under 18s I see playing the game tend to abandon their accounts and make more, having several low lvl non commitment type of accounts, all below 100 f2p.

Just my 2gp worth :D

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Post by Hid » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Changing it to 100 + cb level f2p is a good idea in my opinion. Summoning boosts the cb level too easily.

Just one simple question left, Is the clan open for f2p-ers too? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against f2p, we've all been there. It is just that I can't imagine us doing an event, which would be fit for a f2p to join in, or do such an event in a f2p-world. What use would it be then to open the clan to f2p-ers, when they can't do events with us anyway.

Just a thing that wondered me.
KoA achievements

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:23 pm

Why don't we just change it to 105 instead? Summoning's a useful skill that I believe is worth the effect it has on one's combat level.
I also think there's no point letting F2Ps join as we only do P2P events anyway. There's not much F2P activities out there, and some of us won't enjoy them anyways in the lack of the P2P dynamics.
Ok we don't really have any rules about swearing, but if a kid did manage to sneak in, they'd probably see less fould language here than in your average clan.
Neatly disguised. :lol:
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Deep_Pain » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:41 pm

hid675 wrote:Changing it to 100 + cb level f2p is a good idea in my opinion. Summoning boosts the cb level too easily.

Just one simple question left, Is the clan open for f2p-ers too? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against f2p, we've all been there. It is just that I can't imagine us doing an event, which would be fit for a f2p to join in, or do such an event in a f2p-world. What use would it be then to open the clan to f2p-ers, when they can't do events with us anyway.

Just a thing that wondered me.
yup we're very much open to f2p'ers.

we don't want to restrict in any way other than age and levels.

events are skill and combat, f2p and p2p.

We havent held many f2p events it's true, but the last (f2p duel tournament) was quite well attended, the amount of f2p events would probably grow rapidly when the new pking comes out.

I would imagine a fair percentage of PvP events would be in f2p for a few reasons, more people pk'ed on the old f2p than p2p, because you lost less, I imagine that to be the same on the new worlds.

Because of this most pk clans held more f2p PKing events than p2p, as there was more quarry. So we're more likely to get interclan events on f2p.

And as a clan that isn't PKing based, most people here no offence, that might enjoy some PvP, don't have the practice and would no doubt not like to risk millions on a fun PK trip. But rather 200k max. But at the same time, if we get a few kills it can soon mount up the money you earn getting kills.

Members of course don't have to attend any event they dont want to, whether that be skilling, Pking, or monster killing.

I doubt we would get many f2p'ers as most adults are p2p'ers, but we certainly wont refuse them, and should there be enough we might even be able to host f2p events just for them :P

digimac
Inactive

Post by digimac » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:47 pm

hmmm to be fair, was anyone in the f2p duel tournament that attended or was fighting actually f2p?

damnimmart
Inactive

Post by damnimmart » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:48 pm

I understand there need to be requirements to filter out unwanted players.
But I joined after the release of summoning and when I look at the members that joined since then I really don't see a problem yet. At worst new members are inactive, but there haven't been any troublemakers as far as I know. Until it becomes clear that we are getting troublemakers in the clan because of the easier requirements I see no reason to raise the requirements yet.

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Deep_Pain » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:54 pm

good point, I still think for combat event reasons tho, 100+ would be better set as f2p, maybe as DK said 105+ or maybe even 110+ as p2p, but I wouldn't like to have a f2p and p2p requirement, already confusing with f2p and p2p skill requirements.

Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:29 pm

To better decrease the confusion, instead of saying f2p 100+, say 100+ (without summoning). That way, people don't think that you have to actually play f2p. :)

mysticmoggy
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: mysticmoggy

Post by mysticmoggy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:43 pm

i agree with mart - leave it as it is for now until, or if, we start getting troublemakers in the clan then change the requirements then :-?

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:22 pm

damnimmart wrote:I understand there need to be requirements to filter out unwanted players.
But I joined after the release of summoning and when I look at the members that joined since then I really don't see a problem yet. At worst new members are inactive, but there haven't been any troublemakers as far as I know. Until it becomes clear that we are getting troublemakers in the clan because of the easier requirements I see no reason to raise the requirements yet.
I agree with Mart. In my opinion there is no need to increase the combat lvl requirement. It only possibly narrows the numbers of adults as well who would otherwise like to join. So far we have not had any problems with our combat requirement. Why fix something that is not broken?