Smithing Questions

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Re: Smithing Questions

Post by Sir Chris » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:09 pm

ooo, nice, ty, when i have some time ill give it a go :))

trevor
Inactive
RSN: fatman023

Post by trevor » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:22 pm

%-( %-( %-( %-( %-( still not listening
Last edited by trevor on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charger_lee
Inactive
RSN: charger_lee

Post by charger_lee » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:54 pm

sure its slow but smithing cannonballs is easy xp and quite a bit of money ince rangers are gettin lazy and using cannons to get xp

psych0_sys
RSN: psych0_sys

Post by psych0_sys » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:48 pm

I've done a few things while smithing that have helped recoup the cost loss from it.. and yes smithing cannonballs still turns a profit. If you can get the morytania tasks up through hard I believe it is cannonballs take 1/2 the time per inventory. One of the other ways I sometimes train is use goldsmithing gauntlets from family crest quest. Turn gold ores (currently 217gp) into bars.. bars into gold bracelets.. then high alch them.. this way you actually get smithing, crafting and mage xp. Before I ever do that though I always check the cost of nature runes(currently 111gp) vs. high alch value of the braclets (330gp). so as of current prices you'd make a 2gp profit, but you would essentially be getting free training for it in 3 different skills.

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Dude you've just Indiana Jones'd this thread. oO
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

psych0_sys

Post by psych0_sys » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:18 pm

Sorry.... I was just trting to help.

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

Post by SnowAngel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Don't apologize, psych0. There's nothing wrong with posting on an old thread if the info you are posting is still relevant. I'm actually using your method on my noob accout. :)
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)

psych0_sys

Post by psych0_sys » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:46 am

@ deekay
Lol yeah so I never checked the dates before I posted, so I deserved that.
To be honest I at first didn't understand your comment, but then I got to thinking, which lead me to check the dates.

Needless to say I had a good laugh at the expense of myself yesterday, which made deekay's coment even funnier now than I realised at the time. Cheers
-psy

Capt Jacs
Inactive
RSN: Capt Jacs

Post by Capt Jacs » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:06 pm

I always combine skills. Mining feeds smelting (smith), smelting feeds smithing, smithing feeds alching (magic). The same with w/c cutting wood feeds firemaking / fletching, Fletching feeds alching (magic). Another big help is Misc., keep 1.5m in the coffers of 'managing your kingdom', woods provide a supply for fletching and firemaking. A side benefit is the nests for herblore. MYK also can supply all the herbs needed for herb, Teak or mahogany for const. and coal for smithing / gems for crafting. MYK also can provide fish for cooking or cooked fish for combat. My point is using the same resource multiple times has got to be cost effective. Also you don't do 1 skill for days and days.