Ideas for June (3rd) edition

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Ideas for June (3rd) edition

Post by onezerobin » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Red, Scootch

I want to do a collage of the members forum signature/images. Not the real life ones, but the ones that are next to their posts. Some of them are quite original and funny.

It's just a concept in seedling stage. What do you guys think? Good idea or bad, and better forget it?

p.s: I take frank critique well, so don't say awesome idea just to be nice :wink:

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Re: Ideas for June (3rd) edition

Post by Lady in Ice » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Could I suggest an interview with the winner of the skilling week?
It´s a big event in KoA afterall.

*goes back to corner, hiding*

onezerobin
Inactive

Post by onezerobin » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Kal, we had it planned for the May edition, but since the skill week got postponed we had to push it to the next one. :(

Is the corner comfy? If you get bored we can send kalphite queen to keep queen kal company :lol:

OMG !!! I just got it Kalphite queen = Kal queen, queen Kaleviplika = queen kal . #-o @-)
queen kal, kal queen, queen kal... :-SS

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Post by Lady in Ice » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:45 pm

lol

9_red_monkey
Inactive
RSN: 9 red monkey

Post by 9_red_monkey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Avi could u show us what u mean?? I'm def gonna be upping the graphics for next edition as well.

onezerobin
Inactive

Post by onezerobin » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:43 pm

OK red, I will start working on the collage sample, and will have something by next week. It's just a fancy artsy graphic idea for now (my brain is churning but not getting hold of exactly what I want yet)

scootch
RSN: Scootchy

Post by scootch » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:14 pm

I can interview scootch Style The winner mining week

scootch

Post by scootch » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYYd0Fhp_Qs This old rs Clan wars. I was on a clear team for this war My Crew We went up into the wild and cleared the pkers. and Killed Anyone Running away from the fight. was a good day To be alive and die

onezerobin
Inactive

Post by onezerobin » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:11 am

I want to interview Scootch at some point :D Ask him real 'on-the-spot' questions :lol:

scootch

Post by scootch » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:16 am

hey red alrady sent some stuff in for June. reason being I going to be busy next month. Doing alot of travling, In the western U.S. In the moutains. internet Slim to None in these areas.
And Avi. red probbly be a better interview

onezerobin
Inactive

Post by onezerobin » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:37 am

K scootch.

Red, since scootch wants to do the mining week interview, I can instead interview one or all of the admins about KOA (if they agree). Because after looking at staff posts I realized managing cc like KOA is not a easy thing. I will keep it light and the interviewee can sneak in 1 or 2 of their questions.

9_red_monkey
Inactive

Post by 9_red_monkey » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:11 pm

Opinions?? ruff draft of first page

Ps...I really like my comic. What do you all think??

onezerobin
Inactive

Post by onezerobin » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Rofl a good comic :D

I think one of the quests has a potion which lets the character shrink. Is that what the space ship is spraying ? :D

onezerobin
Inactive

Post by onezerobin » Sun May 02, 2010 12:30 am

Red the Editor,

Since you asked for feedback in cc, for new layout, here they are (don't blame me later for being a pain, hehe)

Let me start with a big applause for the the tremendous effort you put in the last edition.

1. I like the background for the new layout. The color for the title "KOA today" could be a little darker.
2. Is it possible to have page numbers directly on the background, and the total number of pages on the first page? (like in real life newspapers)
3. I like your comics :) They deserve first page.
4. Each month when you post the newspaper, maybe you can have a vote "Rate this Edition" : Excellent, Need minor improvements, Long way to go, Total rehaul. (newspaper and voting in the same post). In each edition we can post results of previous edition.
5. Newbies list can be at the bottom, that way they will be forced to scroll till end, atleast to read their names lol.
6. "Letter to Editor", and "Note from Admins" could be interesting new columns to add on regular basis.
7. After some time, some columns could become monotonous. How does the readers know which are regular columns and which are new just for this issue?
8. I like the idea that Deb submitted a recipe. Maybe we should advertise we are looking for other reader submissions, such as photography, art, recipes, original jokes, etc.

-Avi

9_red_monkey
Inactive

Post by 9_red_monkey » Sun May 02, 2010 1:36 am

All of that sounds great Avi!! Also, I believe Rilo asked to be a part of news staff. He has done some work on a RS newspaper before and is willing to help.