Recent Reporting - Vote.

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

SHould Lye be allowed to stay?

Poll ended at Sat May 31, 2008 10:46 pm

Let him stay
44%
Abstain
44%
Ban him
13%

Total votes: 16

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Recent Reporting - Vote.

Post by Deep_Pain » Wed May 28, 2008 10:46 pm

The Full Story.

Some of you may not know but recently kthejoker20 was reported in clan chat for talking about having previously RWT'd.

The staff had a conference over this last night and decided that the most likely course of action was a clan vote. We decided it best to hold back on this vote and further discussion of the event until one of us could speak to the person who reported, so as to hear their side of events before jumping to conclusions.

We also decided that whatever happened that any consequence would rely on the person admitting what they had done or no vote would be neccesary as we would kick. . This job fell to Froboz.

However before Froboz could speak the to person involved lye messaged me saying that he had reported joker and we spoke on the matter, he assured me that he would never have reported if it wasn't for RWT, this I believe as we all in clan chat were talking and occasionally cussing etc, evading the word censor, not in extreme, but lye was there the whole time and could easily have reported if he was of the inclination.

I understand his dislike of RWT and myself it is almost the only thing I have ever reported people for except when some idiot was threatening to rape my mother and kill my family..

However I like most think the clan chat should be somewhere where we can be safe to say and do things without fear of being reported, if someone should need to be reported then it should be a clan matter to decide on the outcome not Jagex's. We should also be able to trust other clan members.

Having said that, we talked and I explained that a lot of people see it as a trust issue and he understood and agreed that he wouldn't report a clan member again. That the only reason he reported was that it was discussing someone having real world traded, something he strongly disagree's with, and that he feels is the reason RS has gone so downhill lately with all the things Jagex has implemented since Dec 10th. He apologised to me.

I wanted to speak to Froboz again so that we could discuss it further in the light of what was said, As I do have mis-givings about banning someone for a rule we dont yet have. Even if I disagree with what was done.

Having spoken to Froboz we thought an apology was in order before we went further, however i didnt get the chance to speak to Lye again, the apology he made to the clan was something he did, he was not asked to do this.

Given this and that staff were still split on the matter, I thought it best to wait until I could speak to all the staff again, during the day however despite the post being locked so that staff could deal with this issue, the topic was re-opened,
Last edited by Deep_Pain on Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Re: Recent Reporting - Vote.

Post by Deep_Pain » Wed May 28, 2008 10:48 pm

holder

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

jdo87
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Jdo87

Post by jdo87 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:03 am

I vote for him to be allowed to stay...everyone makes mistakes and he did apologize

like it has been said this was an unwritten rule...if you are going to talk about banning someone i believe u better have a piece of "legislation" to back it up

4815th person to 99 Hunter
Quest Point cape earned 5/6/2009, regained 9/11/2020

kthejoker20
Inactive

Post by kthejoker20 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:35 am

Well... I will have to abstain.  I think its only fair.

Everyone knows my feelings.

I do think that this is a fair and I support whatever happens.

For the record, I did get my account back after begging and grobbling, so customer support found it appropriate to immediately reinstate me.

I have only been a member of this clan for a short time.  I found everyone to be pretty cool.   I would like to take a minute to apologize myself.  When I made my original post, I said I was quitting the clan.  I have thought this over, and if you'll still have me, I'd like to stay.

I was pretty pissed when i wrote that (as anyone would have been), but I think I had reason to be since I invested over 4 years into building my account, and then to have it taken away for a misinterpretation.  I hate RWT to, but i did not consider donating money to fight malaria RWT.  I apologize to everyone, including lye.

Green
Inactive

Post by Green » Thu May 29, 2008 3:38 am

Thats cook kjoker, but no need to double post :D
we have rules here <_<

lol, just teasing.

Froboz edit:  I don't see any double post!  What are you talking about Green?   :mrgreen:

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Deep_Pain » Thu May 29, 2008 3:41 am

That's very very decent of you to abstain joker and I'm more than happy to see you are staying.

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Thu May 29, 2008 3:44 am

kthejoker20";p="1804 wrote:For the record, I did get my account back after begging and grobbling, so customer support found it appropriate to immediately reinstate me.
I'm glad to hear that. The thought of losing an account that you put a lot of time and effort into made me sick to my stomach. WB.

Frobozz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Frobozz

Post by Frobozz » Thu May 29, 2008 6:48 am

I voted for Lye to stay.

Several factors contributed to this.  He admitted the report, and he apologized without prompting.  Plus we didn't have an official rule against this, and I can understand why Lye would be mad about RWT.

I'm impressed with how well both Lye and K are handling this.
Frobozz the Wizard
Because you have to burn. In order to shine.

QueenMaedh
RSN: Queen Maedh

Post by QueenMaedh » Thu May 29, 2008 9:18 am

Abstain, in order to avoid incitement accusations again.

damnimmart
Inactive

Post by damnimmart » Thu May 29, 2008 10:27 am

abstain,
I don't know both members yet.

Blaise

Post by Blaise » Thu May 29, 2008 11:32 am

damnimmart";p="1837 wrote:abstain,
I don't know both members yet.
ditto

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Thu May 29, 2008 1:11 pm

oh yeah....this one is a tough one. I put a good deal of thought into this, but I am just one of the regular guys here, still very new (only my first real clan). I don't really know either of them, other than through reading posts here. I will go with and completely support what the clan decides as a whole. SO if you guys decide kick, I'm all for it. If it's keep, I'll trust your judgment and it's water under the bridge!

Yeah, It's another abstention.

Whatever comes of this, I'm just glad K's account is OK and he is sticking around.

RedFalling
RSN: Redfalling

Post by RedFalling » Thu May 29, 2008 2:06 pm

QueenMaedh";p="1831 wrote:Abstain, in order to avoid incitement accusations again.
i second this.
[color=#BF0000]A member of KoA since:[/color] [color=#FF0000]A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...[/color]

[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/log/dragon/male/ ... alling.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Redfalling][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/water/7_ ... alling.png[/img][/url]
[img]http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu26 ... Oly3rd.gif[/img]

slashdojo
Inactive
RSN: slashdojo

Post by slashdojo » Thu May 29, 2008 2:58 pm

My vote would be stay---I have made enough rash decisions that I kicked myself in the (word deleted as to not offend anyone) over that I can understand the occurance. Both parties involved seem ok with this, so it's one of life's learning experiences.

QueenMaedh
RSN: Queen Maedh

Post by QueenMaedh » Thu May 29, 2008 3:19 pm

slashdojo";p="1862 wrote:I kicked myself in the (word deleted as to not offend anyone).
Oh Dear....