Reporting Clan-Mates - Debate

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

QueenMaedh
RSN: Queen Maedh

Reporting Clan-Mates - Debate

Post by QueenMaedh » Wed May 28, 2008 9:45 am

Before you read on, this post is 2 years old and missing a lot of text due to forum updates, it's 2 years ago now and decided, in the rules sorted, if u wish to discuss the rule please make a new post :D

original text below:

The original thread is locked but I see now reason why the subject cannot be discussed in general. Deep if you think it is out of order then I guess lock this one too but we are adults and this is a serious issue of Clan diplomacy.

For my two cents:

Half the time I am talking on RS I don't even realise until it is said that the people around are too young to comprehend the nuances of the context.

Sometimes I have to check myself from saying something that could be construed as "overtly adult" by the stringent RS sensors. On a few occassions I have been muted for satirical comment.

Joining this clan was an emmense relief for me. One of my drivers was the opportunity to say what I wanted when I wanted (within the realms of not abusing a fellow clan member).

I don't necessarrily approve of RWT / AUTOERS etc.
I definitely think hacking something is downright wrong.

This clan, any clan, any community cannot exist without trust. Trust is broken when one clan mate goes against another and as far as I am concerned the penalty for this should be short, swift and final.

I put foreward that the perpetrator of this type of offence should be permanently kicked from the clan.

Agree or disagree?
Last edited by Dr Brad on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: cos it was annoying me.

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Re: Reporting Clan-Mates - Debate

Post by Dima » Wed May 28, 2008 10:21 am

Agreed. Seeing as it's a mature clan, there's no reason reporting one each other, unless it goes personal, but since we're a mature clan, it's not supposed to go personal.
I'll avoid mentioning names, but it's my opinion that certain clan members have yet to make out the difference between being over eighteen, and being mature - the latter being the principle that the clan's built upon. Mind you, I might be wrong as I judge people's maturity purely on their writing ability and style.
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

Blaise

Post by Blaise » Wed May 28, 2008 11:31 am

QueenMaedh";p="1729 wrote:
This clan, any clan, any community cannot exist without trust. Trust is broken when one clan mate goes against another and as far as I am concerned the penalty for this should be short, swift and final.

I put foreward that the perpetrator of this type of offence should be permanently kicked from the clan.

Agree 100%
I understand the resentment someone might harbor for those with very high levels
who reveal/joke that they have rwt (cheated) before, though I like to think that most people who are adults and "honest" players simply smirk/laugh and take satisfaction that they play on the level.

Joining a clan is making a pact and declaring that you are a friend to the other members and you don't rat on your friends.

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Wed May 28, 2008 12:26 pm

Although I am totally in the dark and seem to have missed something, I agree with what has been said. I have a long term friend (rs only - doesn't play anymore) who has openly admitted to me that he has traded between accounts he has had, actually used a sewing machine to click his mouse to AFK train (using cammy tele's), stolen and pilfered another players account and I can only imagine what else. Although I don't agree with what he had done (for the most part), did I report him? Hell no! He is a friend, as I now consider all of the members in this clan. I figure live and let live, he risks his account, it's his business.

slashdojo
Inactive
RSN: slashdojo

Post by slashdojo » Wed May 28, 2008 12:58 pm

First and foremost, RS is a game, an escape from real life where serious rule infractions result in real life penalties. I have always thought that part of the allure of this game is that it's a challenge to see how much you can get away with, so dammit, i've tried. Never reported anyone, never will, although 1/4 the people who play this game need to be taken to a back shed and beaten with a large stick. Sorry, what the hell was I replying to-- train of thought ran off the track.Oh well, back to work where I hope my replys make more sense than this one.

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Wed May 28, 2008 2:57 pm

For me, the primary purpose of a proper clan such as KOA is the comradery with others who are people that are familiar and comfortable to be around. Otherwise, we wouldn

Green
Inactive

Post by Green » Wed May 28, 2008 3:27 pm

lol seweing machine, thats dedication :D

I like a lot of the posts in here and I just wannna let you guyz know that I've read them, but as for my opinion, I think I'll let it slide.  I appreciate most of yall putting up with my tendency to get out of hand sometimes with my scammin/haxing remarks.  It's gotten me kicked out of a lot of rs clans that I didn't create myself, but I just can't hate it.  I use to belong to an certain group that not only did those things but made it a sport and your status was judged by how well you could team scam and stuff.  So my views might have been disrupted at a younger age and I prolly don't take the feelings of strangers as seriously as others.

On a final note: Reporting clan mates is wrong mkay, you shouldn't do that.

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Wed May 28, 2008 6:32 pm

Firstly as mentioned in the other post the matter is not over, the post was merely closed to stop a running argument, whilst the staff deal with it. The matter is not closed, however we have the view of members thoughts from the other post, if you feel your view on the matter needed to be heard by those dealing with the matter, then please tell them your view. But please do not re-open topics that have been locked

Please do not make posts asking if another member should be kicked from the clan or not. If a member is to be kicked or a clanwide vote to be taken, it will be something staff instigate, we are not a lynch mob. If you feel a member should be kicked please inform staff that you would like action to be taken, not start a vote.

We do want to be a democratic clan, we want the clan to represent what the members want from it and I certainly don't enjoy saying do this or do that.

However staff are there for a reason, to keep the clan running, to try and stop running arguments on the board as they are not in the best interest of the clan, that means to look into matters like this and decide what action should be taken, we had decided the most likely action was to have some sort of vote, however there were also other things we were taking into account.

You are not in possesion of the full facts, we are not holding those facts from you, but felt it is better that we look into them, as that is why we are here. whattever happens to this person will not be my decision alone, it will be all the staff, that is why they are there to keep the clan running smoothly, we do feel this is something that will require member input. However please do not take it upon yourself to circumvent the staff decision by starting votes etc.. I believe if you are in a clan, then you must trust the staff to do their jobs, or why have staff?

I realise at the moment staff positions haven't exactly been the most democratic appointments, but due to the other staff being inactive, until froboz and green and Garnoid applied, I was doing everything by myself, which is more work than I wanted and completely undemocratic, I do not want this clan to be my way or the highway.

This is the first event where as a clan (since becoming adult based) we've had a major issue to resolve, we've tried to resolve that issue democratically as a group of staff, this is probably the first major decison that has been made with input from a group of staff rather than just making the decision myself.

It is the long term aim that any of the higher ranking staff positions be voted on by the clan members, lower positions voted on by the clan staff. So that people making these decisions oon your behalf are people you have placed there, but while we have few staff this isn't really possible as we need more staff quite badly.

I will re-open this post to discuss my comments, please consider this lynching closed.

please trust the staff to do what they are there for and please do not start a lynch mob.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Wed May 28, 2008 6:53 pm

I can appreciate your desire to head off any lynching action, and I don't blame you one bit. However, I would like to think that we, as adults, wouldn't resort to anything of the sort, especially about Internet socialization within a game.

Personally, I got the impression that this thread's core purpose was to gage clan members' view of this as a way to get a feeling of peoples

QueenMaedh
RSN: Queen Maedh

Post by QueenMaedh » Wed May 28, 2008 7:06 pm

Lynch mob? No I do not think so at all. I simply think that a recent post raised a very interesting question on clans in general. There is in fact no solid evidence that I can see that actually condemns anyone in the earlier thread so how can I assume guilt where none is proven?

The thread is based on the hypothesis that such a matter could arise and as I said feel free to excersize your administrative rights as you will on the the matter. But do me a favour while your at it. Do not make such a slamming indicment of my intentions based on your own hypothesis. Where the admin team decided to follow up on the opinions of it's members is besides the point.

I was interested to see how others view it.

Over and out

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Deep_Pain » Wed May 28, 2008 7:14 pm

edit: in reply to sentinel.

why have staff if not to deal with these issues.

"Personally, I got the impression that this thread's core purpose was to gage clan members' view of this as a way to get a feeling of peoples
Last edited by Deep_Pain on Wed May 28, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by Deep_Pain » Wed May 28, 2008 7:19 pm

QueenMaedh";p="1755 wrote:Lynch mob? No I do not think so at all. I simply think that a recent post raised a very interesting question on clans in general. There is in fact no solid evidence that I can see that actually condemns anyone in the earlier thread so how can I assume guilt where none is proven?

The thread is based on the hypothesis that such a matter could arise and as I said feel free to excersize your administrative rights as you will on the the matter. But do me a favour while your at it. Do not make such a slamming indicment of my intentions based on your own hypothesis. Where the admin team decided to follow up on the opinions of it's members is besides the point.

I was interested to see how others view it.

Over and out
you only asked one question, should the perpatrator be kicked.... I am not making a slamming indictment of your intentions. Merely pointing out that it is staff's responsibility to make this kind of vote not yours, if you had indeed asked questions on people's views of reporting clan members in general I would not have initially locked this thread, however that is not the case, the only question you asked was should the perpatrator be kicked.

that to me is a vote if someone should stay in the clan or not, a vote as you admit yourself you do not have all the facts to instigate.

This was the only question:

Agree or disagree?

damnimmart
Inactive

Post by damnimmart » Wed May 28, 2008 7:32 pm

I'm only in this clan for a short period, but I've seen my share of these kind of affairs in other clans.
and I have to say I couldn't have explained it better then ewsentinel did.

let's make a weird comparison:
let's see jagex as the mother and us players as the children. when two players have a fight you can compare reporting to this:"mommy!! he made me cry!! do something about it now!!"
anyone will agree that this is the way little children react to problems. when a 25-year old reacts in the same manner to these problems it's just sad.
I haven't reported anyone in my runescape career (except maybe some macroers). when someone insults me, i bite back(in a political manner of course ;) ), when they keep going on i ignore them(they are a waste of time). when someone asks me to break the rules I explain why I won't do it and why he/she shouldn't ask such things.

That's how I think about the matter of reporting.
When a mature clanmember reports another clanmember that's just sad. there are far more better options to resolve a difference.
But when it does happen the reporting clanmember should indeed leave the clan with his tail between his legs. Can't have any respect for such a person.

RedFalling
RSN: Redfalling

Post by RedFalling » Wed May 28, 2008 7:32 pm

as I said in a now closed post, I don't care what you do in the clan or in the game. My "personal" opinion may be that they have no place. But I don't mean that we should kick them out. Lets look at Green for an example, he openly admits to being a former glitcher yes? but does he come online and point fingers and cry like a schoolgirl when he's muted?? no, he does not. i believe my opening comments in that other post has been misread. but thats ok, I'm not always the best typer late at night.
now, I will never report any of my friends, clanmates, random noobs to the system. if Jagex wants to catch them, fine... but leave me out of it.
But lets face a couple of facts here for a moment. One; the cheating and RWT that goes on in this game is nothing compaired to some other games that I can think of. Two; everyone is guilty of this cheat. if you have not done it, you have thought about it real hard and almost did it anyway.

whatever is done is done, nothing can change that now, but this seems to be to the point that the people who can handle it are and this is a open opinion forum. you've showed me yours and now i've showed you mine.. :P
[color=#BF0000]A member of KoA since:[/color] [color=#FF0000]A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...[/color]

[url=http://www.draynor.net/][img]http://www.draynor.net/log/dragon/male/ ... alling.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Redfalling][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/water/7_ ... alling.png[/img][/url]
[img]http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu26 ... Oly3rd.gif[/img]

Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Wed May 28, 2008 7:33 pm

Deep:

It seems from your reply to me that you