KoA Owner Account

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

KoA Owner Account

Post by Cally Raven » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:10 am

Hey All,

Over the last couple of weeks, the members of the administrative and staff team have come to the decision that having the "KoA Owner" account as the owner of the clan in game is detrimental to the security of KoA. As this account is only occasionally logged onto there is a greater risk of an unknown person or persons being able to negatively effect the clan, as a clan owner has full access to the administrative features inside Runescape.

This means that over the next week or so, the clan owner will become Cally Raven.

To clear up any confusion that may occur this change is only cosmetic, KoA will continue to be run in the way it always has been, but with the added benefit of in-game security and readily available access to update in-game clan related information, such as the RSOF information that you see when you login.

If anyone has any concerns or queries, then do please get in touch with either me or any of the administrators or staff that make KoA what it is.

Keep Skilling (or bossing) all and see you in game.

Cally
Image]

Jax
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Erebos Jax

Re: KoA Owner Account

Post by Jax » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:32 am

No problem in that but you should find a trusted person IRL who can get access to the account if something should happen to you. Become or give over the owner mantel to next picked ruler when you should disappear for unknown reason.. assassination etc.. Sorry if that sounded rude but I have had bad experience when the owner of the clan goes missing and none can take over since they don't have the rights or need to wait for a really long time before they can pick a new one to lead the guild.
Qotsisajak
Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Steam: Devilnion
Origin: Holgoma
Anime-Planet: Devilnion

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cally Raven » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:16 am

Jax wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:32 am
No problem in that but you should find a trusted person IRL who can get access to the account if something should happen to you. Become or give over the owner mantel to next picked ruler when you should disappear for unknown reason.. assassination etc.. Sorry if that sounded rude but I have had bad experience when the owner of the clan goes missing and none can take over since they don't have the rights or need to wait for a really long time before they can pick a new one to lead the guild.
I totally understand your concerns, but I am right now putting a procedure into place should anything ever happen to me. Although you all know I'm the devil's daughter and immortal, should I suddenly have to take my throne downstairs in the fires of hell to rule there will be a way to hand over clan leadership. We (the Admin Team) have thought long and hard about this move and we feel it's the safest and best way to stick to Jagex rules and keep your clan safe and in working order. Business as usual as they say :ymdevil:
Image]

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:33 am

I remember back when I was the glorious admin of the clan, we had to use bonds or buy membership for the koa account to change anything on the RSOF post. There were also other concerns which I won't bore people with haha.

Cheers for the transparency though, I can't see any issue with this. I'm sure everyone will still see me as the overlord of the clan :P
Image Image

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cally Raven » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:38 am

Oobz wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:33 am
I remember back when I was the glorious admin of the clan, we had to use bonds or buy membership for the koa account to change anything on the RSOF post. There were also other concerns which I won't bore people with haha.

Cheers for the transparency though, I can't see any issue with this. I'm sure everyone will still see me as the overlord of the clan :P
Oobz you will ALWAYS be Supreme Overlord of KoA, as we said, absolutely nothing at all will change in how the clan is run. And thank you for your support on this :ymhug:
Image]

Ilmondo
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Ilmondo

Post by Ilmondo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:00 pm

Very well written post ;)

Ben

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Twirlindana

Post by Twirlindana » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:42 pm

Oobz wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:33 am

Here is a picture of the overlord!

"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

MacDougalll
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Mac Dougall

Post by MacDougalll » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:34 pm

I have no idea what's going on, AND I LIKE IT THAT WAY. All Hail Queen Cally, May Guthix Bring You Balance. And Baked Potatoes with tuna and sweetcorn

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cally Raven » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:37 pm

MacDougalll wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:34 pm
I have no idea what's going on, AND I LIKE IT THAT WAY. All Hail Queen Cally, May Guthix Bring You Balance. And Baked Potatoes with tuna and sweetcorn
As always Mac, thank you for your support, and tbh, nothing changes, May you be blessed by all the gods of Runescape with loot and exp :D
Image]

DaSkins
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Capt Pickle

Post by DaSkins » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:18 pm

If you Can't trust Cally Who can you trust .

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cally Raven » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:55 am

DaSkins wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:18 pm
If you Can't trust Cally Who can you trust .
Thank you so much Capt Pickle, that means the world to me :ymhug:
Image]

Magdalynn
Liaison Team
Liaison Team
RSN: Magdalynn

Post by Magdalynn » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:43 pm

Well, Capt Pickle said it for me. It couldn't be in better hands

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cally Raven » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:21 am

Magdalynn wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:43 pm
Well, Capt Pickle said it for me. It couldn't be in better hands
Thank you Mag, much appreciated :ymhug:
Image]

Lawidget
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: La Widget

Post by Lawidget » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:40 pm

Sounds like a good plan.

Laurie

G8rsgrl
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: G8rsgrl

Post by G8rsgrl » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:32 pm

Good thinking. I completely agree with your thoughts on it!