Clan vote - Change level entry requirements?

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

What do you want for future KOA LVL entry requirements?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:03 pm

Keep LVL entry requirements the same (unchanged)
37%
Decrease LVL entry requirements -- suggest new LVLs below
45%
Eliminate LVL entry requirements
18%

Total votes: 38

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Re: Clan vote - Change level entry requirements?

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:29 pm

This is where things stand so far. Only 34 have voted (this is out of 100+ members):

Keep LVL entry requirements the same (unchanged)....................41%
Decrease LVL entry requirements -- suggest new LVLs below........38%
Eliminate LVL entry requirements..............................................21%

Still time for more to vote (or change votes).
morituri te salutant

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Magerpainz

Post by magerpainz » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Dr Brad wrote:This is where things stand so far. Only 34 have voted (this is out of 100+ members):

Keep LVL entry requirements the same (unchanged)....................41%
Decrease LVL entry requirements -- suggest new LVLs below........38%
Eliminate LVL entry requirements..............................................21%

Still time for more to vote (or change votes).
so...can we add the Eliminate LVL entry requirements..............................................21% to the Decrease LVL entry requirements -- suggest new LVLs below........38%
Tally?
Image Image Image
Sometimes..standing for what you believe...means standing alone!
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:59 pm

I don't think so...
morituri te salutant

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by magerpainz » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Well that doesn't seem fair. The votes for changes were split.
Image Image Image
"Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you will ever be again!"
I want a Spartan Woman!

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

Post by SnowAngel » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:04 am

It makes sense that people who voted to eliminate the requirements would rather see them lowered than kept the same.
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)

Twirlindana
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Twirlindana

Post by Twirlindana » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:46 am

We need a second ballot.
"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time just like everyone else" - Tina Belcher
ImageImageImageImage

Touristguide
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Touristguide

Post by Touristguide » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:06 pm

Be sure to get the word out in the cc in-game for everyone to weigh-in a vote.

magerpainz
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by magerpainz » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:36 pm

Wynn Andye wrote:I'm all for dropping any level requirements - I would like to see age requirements remain.

I like to believe there are many adult players out there who are too busy to work at serious leveling - would like to but cant'. We might be restricting a lot of older players from joining KoA. I would have joined KoA in 2008 if the level requirements had been lower. I waited 5 years to join KoA - that's how long it took me to get the levels required. I was close and then the levels were bumped up. (Btw - my account is ten years this October and only have 2 - 99's. I hope my lack serious leveling is not a problem - yikes!)

I think member numbers are important right for our clan - new blood, new ideas, new energy. Let's be inclusive and see what happens - I'm sure things can always be reversed if it doesn't work out, and quickly at that.

Wynn
Thanks Wynn! Just curious.... Did you join or look at other clans to join in the meantime? I feel this is how we lose the opportunity of gaining awesome members like yourself. :)
Image Image Image
I want a Spartan Woman!

Gridenough
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Gridenough

Post by Gridenough » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:18 am

I want a like button! Several people have made really good points, here. I go with those who say that we might reduce the lvls, just a little. I don't really want to be open to cb lvl 10. This is a clan for adults and also for those who have achieved some progress in the game. I do miss the scheduled events. As long as there are some that don't require me to fight beasts that intimidate me, I like being a member of the crowd. OK, as far as that goes, I have been teased into going for a really big monster at least once. Anyway, I love the clan and like the interaction, but I am not interested in welcoming TOTAL noobs.

Ryda
Inactive
RSN: Ryda

Post by Ryda » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:04 pm

I like requirements for the clan and like others have said it is less appealing to join a clan without them, I think they may be a bit outdated though.

I'd say keep the 1600 skill total or introduce another option of an xp minimum to join, but get rid of or lower the combat requirement.

I think with opening up other options for new members to join we could find active and dedicated players. :)

Wynn Andye
Inactive
RSN: Wynn Andye

Post by Wynn Andye » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:34 am

I just waited to join Koa. I think I looked around Mager but at that time it was harder to find mature player clans. I played solo for too many years and it was very isolating. When I did finally get the levels, I still waited a bit before I joined Koa. It finally came down to either I quit or join a clan. What I can say is that joining a clan is a big decision and a lot of players have difficult clan experiences - I don't think its the game levels that makes Koa - its the level of maturity and extreme commitment from a great admin/staff team which sets the tone for the whole clan. And of course the members are also awesome and committed and if new members aren't buying into the way the clan functions, they soon leave to find a clan that fits them better.

Another question to ask is whether players with lower levels would feel comfortable and included in a clan that the majority of members are high level players? Would they feel they could participate and contribute or would they feel inadequate?

Thanks for your kind words, Mager! You are a gentleman as always :)

Wynn