Clan vote - Change level entry requirements?

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

What do you want for future KOA LVL entry requirements?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:03 pm

Keep LVL entry requirements the same (unchanged)
37%
Decrease LVL entry requirements -- suggest new LVLs below
45%
Eliminate LVL entry requirements
18%

Total votes: 38

Troy_CA
RSN: TroyCA

Re: Clan vote - Change level entry requirements?

Post by Troy_CA » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:05 pm

I voted no req's but, lowering them I think is also a good idea. A lot of the attraction for most people is having a community to play with and learn from. Newer people starting out or people like me from 10 years ago could be overwhelmed jumping into RS again without having people to help out. I know I wouldn't have come back to Runescape as it had changed an enormous amount if I hadn't seen the forum post for KoA on runescape and had a chance to talk with you guys on the weekend to get a feel for the clan. The clan and everyone in it has helped me enormously through the learning process and has kept me playing, and will continue.

Either way if a person has reached level 80 or 120 I feel like they enjoy the game and will stick to it especially with an awesome clan like KoA and not simply disappear. I'm sure there are tons of 18+ people who just don't know about KoA yet or maybe just dont meet the req's.

- Also.. if they're from 10 years ago leveling was much much harder and 110 combat was super hard to get :P. Rune armor + Dlong wasn't quite the same exp rate as drygores can do lol

Puxs07
Inactive
RSN: Puxs07

Post by Puxs07 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:18 am

I say no don't completely remove them but lower them yes. Maybe 75-80 combat and 1000+ total?
Heavy metal at the heart and soul.

victedsniper
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni

Post by victedsniper » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:53 am

I voted for the Decrease LVL entry requirements because I felt like we can take on more clan members and also teach them things that can make them appreciate the game more and to expand our lovely clan. but also felt that it was a bad idea at first because we will bring in people that beg or start drama. so I hope we all agree on a good requirement level.
~thanks jake.

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

Post by SnowAngel » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:56 am

It's really just a question of what everyone wants out of being in a clan. I personally enjoy the conversation of any adults, high or low leveled. If "noobs" want to join, I'm fine with answering questions but I also understand why others are more into high leveled activity and would be annoyed seeing nooby questions. Thinking that we will get a lot of "short term" members doesn't worry me at all. What does worry me is having no new members join in 3 months and an actual number of active numbers in KoA at an all-time low. I really don't think just lowering the requirements a tiny bit will bring new members.

I say get rid of the requirements or lower them substantially.
If it doesn't work out, we can always change our minds.
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)

Touristguide
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Touristguide

Post by Touristguide » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:08 am

Suggest if we do decide to lower entry level requirements, then we should do it over a period of time say X (4-6) number of months to see if it boosts applications. If we see that the quality of those coming in is detrimental then we can scale back to the current level.

I spoke to several other friend clan leaders and they too are having recruiting issues for adults. Even had a convo with this guy who was advertising on W2 with me.
Attachments
Vex.jpg
Vex.jpg (87.16 KiB) Viewed 5124 times

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:40 am

Sorry, Tourist. I can't read the convo above due to poor image quality when enlarged.
morituri te salutant

Joedakiller
RSN: Joedakiller

Post by Joedakiller » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:55 am

I feel like our requirements to join are low enough. I think they should stay the same.

Touristguide
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Touristguide

Post by Touristguide » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:58 am

Was another player advertising for his adult clan in the all chat. We was saying they too were having a very difficult time recruiting new members.

Jax
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Erebos Jax

Post by Jax » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:47 pm

I doubt that just changing the requirements will get us more member. We could try to open the clan chat 24/7 but that also means that there must be something going on, rather than silence that I usually tends to log into. For that a good idea would be to dedicate a week or month to certain activity. Like we used to have skill weeks but removing the competitivity from it, good ideas would also be monster killing and minigames. This would also make our community more unified. But for this to succeed all KoA member must actively participate in the week. I don't mean logging in and taking part in all the event but if there is for example a "fishing week" people would trying to do also fishing activity, like use the daily fish flingers tickets.
Qotsisajak
Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Steam: Devilnion
Origin: Holgoma
Anime-Planet: Devilnion

Katy
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: K aty

Post by Katy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:50 pm

Jax wrote:I doubt that just changing the requirements will get us more member. We could try to open the clan chat 24/7 but that also means that there must be something going on, rather than silence that I usually tends to log into. For that a good idea would be to dedicate a week or month to certain activity. Like we used to have skill weeks but removing the competitivity from it, good ideas would also be monster killing and minigames. This would also make our community more unified. But for this to succeed all KoA member must actively participate in the week. I don't mean logging in and taking part in all the event but if there is for example a "fishing week" people would trying to do also fishing activity, like use the daily fish flingers tickets.
I think aeru is going to do something similar to this with his "being awesome" thing! If I am misunderstanding and you mean something different perhaps you could host something as your monthly event?

Opening cc 24/7 means we are making cc available to people of all levels and all ages...so I am uncertain of the reasoning behind this? I agree that the cc needs to be alive to keep people interested, which is down to all clan members to be their beautifully entertaining and engaging selves :D
Having a dirty mind makes ordinary conversations much more interesting

“She who dies with the most shoes wins!

Obitus Dator
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Obitus Dator

Post by Obitus Dator » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:06 pm

Katy wrote: which is down to all clan members to be their beautifully entertaining and engaging selves :D
We're doomed 8-}
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
DurusNucleus is my Hardcore account.

Dr Brad
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Dr Brad

Post by Dr Brad » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:37 pm

bump
morituri te salutant

king fonner
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: King Fonner

Post by king fonner » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:53 pm

I like the idea of 100 combat and 1200 total that cally said earlier. that way my significant other could finally join our clan. Although I think a slightly higher total level could be better.
Alt: Baron Fonner

Wynn Andye
Inactive
RSN: Wynn Andye

Post by Wynn Andye » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:15 pm

I'm all for dropping any level requirements - I would like to see age requirements remain.

I like to believe there are many adult players out there who are too busy to work at serious leveling - would like to but cant'. We might be restricting a lot of older players from joining KoA. I would have joined KoA in 2008 if the level requirements had been lower. I waited 5 years to join KoA - that's how long it took me to get the levels required. I was close and then the levels were bumped up. (Btw - my account is ten years this October and only have 2 - 99's. I hope my lack serious leveling is not a problem - yikes!)

I think member numbers are important right for our clan - new blood, new ideas, new energy. Let's be inclusive and see what happens - I'm sure things can always be reversed if it doesn't work out, and quickly at that.

Wynn

king fonner
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: King Fonner

Post by king fonner » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:56 pm

I changed my mind. I vote no.
Alt: Baron Fonner