Ideas for recruiting

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Lady in Ice
Inactive
RSN: Lady in Ice

Ideas for recruiting

Post by Lady in Ice » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Oobz wrote: We are working on recruiting more people to the clan, we are hoping to have a landing page for the clan which hopefully will help with our google ranking, we will keep everyone updated on this. I see a few people commenting we need to do more to recruit people, let's hear your ideas :D
Alrighty .

I made a new topic, so the recruitment part won´t be mixed with posts on activity requirements.

I think it´s true that KoA has mostly got members via google search for adult clan. However, it seems to me the big part of adult community rather uses RSOF to find the clans. How else would the other adult clans grow so big?
Landing page would be great but could we try something additional as well?

Here are my ideas:

1. Open CC on a regular basis.
I know some think there could be people who would just hang around in cc and never actually join the clan, but having all the benefits we can offer. Agreed. I wouldn´t like that either. But... we don´t actually know it would happen.. We could have a testing period of 1-2 months and then see hot it goes. Maybe it won´t be issue at all. And if it will be, we just can close the cc again.

2. Redo or add another RSOF recruiting thread.
Right now, we can only be found when searching for a word " adult". We cannot be found with " mature".
We should add the option to be found with " mature" as well

3. Redoing or adding RSOF to make us more appealing.
In our thread there is NOTHING written what we do and why people should even join us.
Sorry Deep, your text is well written.. but now, when there are 15 other adult clans.. it´s just not enough.
We should tell that we´re cool and why it´s great to join us. We should stand out among those all other clans.
KoA has so many great features:
Tier 7 citadel, active offsite forums, friendly and relaxed atmosphere, spontaneous and organised events ( skilling events, citadel events, bossing etc), no pressure, and the most important: lots of fun!
We should put it all out there!

And why not post our coming events there? This way potential members could join in and get a taste :)

4. RSOF thread again.
We have 18 pages of bumps!! :))
Why not posting jokes in there ( thinking of Syfy :) ), about other stuff we do ( events, bossing or what ever).
This would show we´re really active and fun.

I´d be happy to help with any of this :)

Maybe you folks have some more ideas :)

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Re: Ideas for recruiting

Post by Oobz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:32 pm

Some nice ideas there Kal, thank you :)

We are able to edit the recruitment thread, but stupidly, your are required to be a member to post there. When we are agreed on what we are going to change in it though, I will trade a bond to the koa owner account for 14 days membership so we can edit it.

Yes, there are a lot of bumps in there haha, good idea about adding the events in there too, not so sure about the jokes though :P

The biggest problem (that I can see) with opening the cc full time, is that it is unfair that we ask our current members to meet certain requirements to be in the clan chat yet guests would not need to do any. Personally I am open to any change if it benefits the clan, I do think we need to really think about the changes we are (if we are to) going to implement.

Thanks again for your input :)
Image Image

lacey days
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Lacey Days
RSN2: AgedSquirel

Post by lacey days » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm sure several of the people here have run old style forums on the RS website. Mine ran for 4 years in total, and the thread was renewed several times over that period. It was a D&D site, and required to be seen to encourage members to join us in a time before clans existed. (we had some 80 regular star hunters at one point based all over the world) The introduction of clans led to our downfall, however threads are essential if clans are to recruit more people. Keeping our thread at the top of the D&D list was everyones responsibility, and we could rely on our members to bump our site at least 6-10 times a day because they understood the need to keep our thread visible to other players who wished to hunt stars-competition at that time was great, (though now I see star hunting clans are few). When setting up a new Thread I always 'reserved' several posts for updates.... sometimes several pages were needed for rules etc..., then we would have a 'launch' in chat, where members would fight to post first. Thread games are a great way to encourage people to keep the thread visible.... some of our forum games would work well, but all the important 'stuff' was always in the first few pages. Bumping only has one purpose... to put your front page in front of your target audience. It is from here that they will see what we are about. Fun posts will help, but I believe only there to relieve the tedium of posting.

As far as recruiting is concerned, having events in busy places, or having 'celebrations' for people getting capes, always used to attract interest. I see large groups of people doing penguins, at edgy or lrc etc... with banners out chatting in game. Making ourselves visible in force and having a good time always makes people ask who are you? (We used to recruit a lot at stars where we always found like minded people)

Finding our balance will always be difficult unless we all take some responsibility for our clan. If we don't take care of it and nurture our members, then we don't deserve to survive. Having some freedom to allow people to run impromptu events will help, but I still believe we need to see more pre-arranged regular ones. Citadel events have always done well on both sides of the water.....and Sunday night Stealing Creation was well attended when I first joined.

Maybe we should be encouraging clan members to take more responsibility for their clan?
*•„¸¸„•*^*•„¸¸^*•„¸¸..;Lacey Days;..¸¸„•*^¸¸„•*^*•„¸¸„•*
¸;›^¸.¸•º°˜°º•„¸¸„..Catch a star for me..„¸¸„•º°˜°º•¸.¸^‹;¸
..........`«„¸¸„»´.........˜°º•„¸¸„...„¸¸„•º°˜..........`«„¸¸„»´.........

Princess Selene
Inactive
RSN: Selene

Post by Princess Selene » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:22 pm

The RSOF got updated recently, adding the ability for players to have a signature of up to 200 characters. In this signature you can add links to other threads on the RSOF using their QFC (Quick Find Code). I added this in mine: [qfc id=92-93-572-65452667][darkorchid]Kingdom of Asgarnia[/darkorchid] - Adult Clan[/qfc] | KoA is like fudge... Mostly sweet, with a few nuts.

Maybe other people are interested in adding something like that too? Obviously this would only have any effect if you actually post on the RSOF. :o)

Lady in Ice
Inactive

Post by Lady in Ice » Mon May 04, 2015 10:04 am

Just interested, if anything has been decided on recruiting ?

We have now removed the activity requirements but it only helps to prevent kicking out inactive members and won´t help getting new active members.

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

Post by Cally Raven » Mon May 04, 2015 11:11 am

Kal wrote:Just interested, if anything has been decided on recruiting ?
We are working on it Kal :D
Image]

Lady in Ice
Inactive

Post by Lady in Ice » Mon May 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Cally Raven wrote:
Kal wrote:Just interested, if anything has been decided on recruiting ?
We are working on it Kal :D

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

Post by SnowAngel » Mon May 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Four new members in April and two in May already. \:D/
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Oobz » Tue May 05, 2015 8:52 am

lacey days wrote:however threads are essential if clans are to recruit more people. Keeping our thread at the top of the D&D list was everyones responsibility
This is the problem we are having regarding the clan thread. It does bring in new members if it is bumped on a regular basis.
lacey days wrote:As far as recruiting is concerned, having events in busy places, or having 'celebrations' for people getting capes, always used to attract interest.
We used to get a few members from doing stars together a few years back, I remember at least 2-3 members who joined just when I was there. We would place vexes around the star and people would naturally look at them.
lacey days wrote:Maybe we should be encouraging clan members to take more responsibility for their clan?
A very valid point.
Image Image

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Oobz » Tue May 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Lady Kal wrote:In our thread there is NOTHING written what we do and why people should even join us.
Here is text in our RSOF:
Kingdom of Asgarnia, Welcoming new members.

KoA is a clan specifically catering to the adults who play Runescape. Believe it or not, there are many of us. Most adults are fairly quiet in-game. KoA gives you the opportunity to take part in a variety of events that can only really be done in a group situation. It also gives you a great chance to meet and socialize with other adults who play Runescape. Whether you want to get advice, take part in events, or just meet some fellow adult players, KoA is the place to be. We don't have the usual drama and issues that many clans suffer. We have very low activity requirements because we understand, as adults, we all have busy schedules. Sometimes this will mean very little time for RS, at other times it may be the opposite. Despite our relaxed activity requirements we are very active and we believe, partly due to our entry requirements, that we are the most active adult clan on Runescape.

For current clan requirements and details of how to join please scroll down this thread

Thank you for your interest in Kingdom Of Asgarnia! We hope to see you soon! :D
Although I agree it could be updated and made more appealing, I don't agree there is nothing about why people should join us :P
SnowAngel wrote:Four new members in April and two in May already. \:D/
A positive for the clan :)
Image Image

Lawidget
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: La Widget

Post by Lawidget » Wed May 06, 2015 11:30 am

SnowAngel wrote:Four new members in April and two in May already. \:D/

Very nice!

And I think members may be more involved in promoting the clan than anyone knows. I wear my clan cape and set-up the vex when I am able as well as answer questions about the clan but I never "report" that activity to anyone. I suspect other members do similar things as well.

Laurie

Cally Raven
Site Admin
Site Admin
RSN: Cally Raven

Post by Cally Raven » Wed May 06, 2015 1:23 pm

Lawidget wrote:And I think members may be more involved in promoting the clan than anyone knows. I wear my clan cape and set-up the vex when I am able as well as answer questions about the clan but I never "report" that activity to anyone. I suspect other members do similar things as well.
Thanx, much appreciated, keep up the good work
Image]

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Oobz » Wed May 13, 2015 8:38 am

Lady Kal wrote:Just interested, if anything has been decided on recruiting ?

We have now removed the activity requirements but it only helps to prevent kicking out inactive members and won´t help getting new active members.
Just an update on this.

We have decided not to open the cc full time. There would be no incentive for anyone to join if we did. At the moment, it is effectively open for 3 days of the week, we think this is sufficient.

We are still working on making the RSOF post more appealing and will inform everyone when it's done :)

The posts on the RSOF page are a little more varied now, but we still need lots more people to get involved, both clannies and staff!
Image Image

Lady in Ice
Inactive

Post by Lady in Ice » Wed May 13, 2015 9:42 am

Thanks for info :D

Lady in Ice
Inactive

Post by Lady in Ice » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:27 am

Any update on this?

Our numbers are terribly shrinking lately. This picture of chat is becoming more usual:

Do we have a plan for recruiting or we just sit and wait until the clan dies ? :(

There are only few ppl at events ( if any at all). This discourages staff to hold more events. If we had more ppl in clan, I´m sure also events would be more attended and the chat would be more active.
The cc is pretty much quiet now . I know, I could contribute myself more as well ( just really busy with pvm :P ) but I´m speaking in general terms .

2 cents :P

Just really concerned...this chat picture was usual when the clan just started... and it was like 6-7 years ago!!
There is a serious error somewhere..

And I´m really confused... Am I the only one who is considering this an issue? ( I mean having fewer and fewer members ). I´d really like to hear the admin opinion on this.. are we happy with the situation as it is now or we should try to recruit more ? If the latter.. then why don´t we do much about it? Obviously occasional bumpin of RSOF isn´t helping.
The only thing that has been done differently so far is that we don´t kick inactive members... but it´ s not helping getting new members.