Should we raise clan requirements?

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Should we raise clan requirements?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:52 pm

Yes
54%
No
41%
Abstain
5%

Total votes: 37

kodirodio
Inactive
RSN: Kodirodio

Re: Should we raise clan requirements?

Post by kodirodio » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:02 pm

Wow, didn't mean to sound so drama queenish. Much thought has helped me reach the conclusion that some of us newer members may have gotten our feelings hurt because of the timing of this, pure and simple. We join, we are lower level, a few weeks later a call to raise the requirement. Not being privy to the history and all, it just felt like we didn't live up to clan expectations.

I know I am a valued member of this clan. I know many of the lower leveled players in our clan are great assets to the group. Think about where we would be without them. I guess my main concern about raising requirments would be who we may miss out on simply because of their level. I also feel for current members who don't meet either requirement.

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:17 pm

there are only 2 members that dont meet either requirement, but you make a valid point.

But for the greater good I stil believe a raise is required :P

sorry I didnt mean to say you sounded like a drama queen at all. You certainly didn't. I think you made very valid points. I just wanted to make sure you knew that you measure up in every way, even tho I dont know your levels and the same with everyone else.

be anyone lvl 99 combat or 138 I will be just as happy to see them at a combat event.

We will still have people well under 110 combat probably even 100 combat joining KoA under the skilling requirements.

It is merely to try and even things up for combat events but also even it up with the skilling requirements.

a combat lvl 100 can have a skill under 1k easily, there are a lot of 100 combats out there with skill totals only just hitting 1k total.

100 combat is hard enough to take part in combat events, but with very low skill totals it is likely their mage, and range is low, they have poor backup skills to make money etc...

I think its unfair to be honest that someone can join with 100 combat and little or no skills, which is massively easier than 1500 or 1600 skill total.

the raise on skill total is small in the grand scheme of possible total.
the raise in combat is slightly larger in comparison with total possible, but it should help make things fairer in that it wont be 100x easier to join on combat stats only, which is unfair on skillers and that we have a good combat base so when people who arent so secure with combat events wish to come and do some, we can support them.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

kodirodio
Inactive
RSN: Kodirodio

Post by kodirodio » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:30 pm

You didn't intimate I was drama queen. I re-read my first post. :P

kthejoker20
Inactive

Post by kthejoker20 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:02 am

I think that this is a good idea to raise the level req.

For those that don't like it and want to leave, I say go.

I know we all can't agree with everything, but if the majority want this, we need to support it.

I'd rather focus on quality members instead of quantity.

There are a few new members with us that have been threatening to leave the clan if this goes through with this. I don't think new members are in a position to throw their weight around yet. If they just joined and are talking about leaving, let them. We can't weed out all the grasshoppers, occasionally some will squeak through the radar and we will have to deal with them.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I am tired of hearing people threatening to leave if this goes through. I don't like people holding the clan ransom.

Again, I am sorry If I offended anyone, and now I have stepped off my soapbox.
Last edited by kthejoker20 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Post by Hid » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:45 am

In my opinion a member is a member and has the same rights, no matter how long he has been a part of the clan. And if a member wants to put a personal consequence to the result of this democratic vote, then we can't do anything against it either. I wouldn't want to see anyone leave cause of this, but if they decide like that, it has to be respected.

No-voters have the same right to their opinion as the yes-voters and this puts too much of a generalization on them, which I personally don't like.
KoA achievements

Lawidget
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: La Widget

Post by Lawidget » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:48 am

Wow...did I miss something? Who threatened to leave? How long will this vote continue? Seems like it is causing more irritation at this point....has the decision been made....36 people have spoken up....I mean now people who voted yes seem to be ruffling at "what"? I personally voted no and still think it is unnecessary but understand Deep's reasoning as well as the others...I may not agree but I understand why they want to see requirements raised...

There is a simple majority:

52% 19 voted yes 41% 15 voted No 5% 2 voted abstain

Sir Chris
Inactive
RSN: FileNotFound

Post by Sir Chris » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:02 pm

Sticky subject apparently. I have yet to chime it but just figured I'd offer a quick point of view.

This is true:
Combat level has gotten easier with the introduction of summoning
Total has gotten easier with the introduction of new skills
I also believe that high requirements are needed to help weed out some of the "kidiots" (credit to Q.M. for the word kidiots :P ) as we currently have no real way to do so...hey for all you know I could be 11 :P .

Now as far as my thoughts about raising the combat/skill requirement...I voted NO. I don't see it as necessary. It still shows a long commitment to reach 100/1500 even with the fact it has gotten somewhat easier. As far as events have gone..although I have not been to many boss fighting ones of late, I really don't see a huge difference in level 100 or level 110.

But hey, whatever the clan decides, you know I will support it.

Just a thought, what about limited membership for the 100-110's ...Members: 110+, Junior members/clan freinds: 100+.

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:50 am

this is still close a few votes could swing it either way.

times up tomorrow.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Mjoltiny
RSN: Mjoltiny

Post by Mjoltiny » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:15 am

Curious, still flipping coins since it was close? :?:

mysticmoggy
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: mysticmoggy

Post by mysticmoggy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:21 pm

now this poll has finished what are we doing to requirements? It may be in the admin board and if it is i will check it after i get through all the board and make a comment there, but if a post has not been made about the requirements I would like to be informed before we change them =]

dirtee turky
Inactive
RSN: Filth McDirt

Post by dirtee turky » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:20 am

hey their.. in light that this is an adult clan wich seems to lean more towards skilling,, based on skill weeks.. id say cmbt lvl req is out the window.. koa aint a waring clan or pk clan . .as its an adult clan by nature adults work, care for children ect.... at the end of the day..xp n levels r really just a luxury on how much game time is accesible... being n adult is already a chop at the demograph.. i wouldnt suggest starting to double and triple chop at the demograph.. i fear by uping the anty gives the message that being a mature adult aint enough...

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:59 am

I say 2300 skill total to be in ;)

onezerobin
Inactive
RSN: ulidr

Post by onezerobin » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:45 am

How about 99 rc as the minimum requirement to be KOA member, possibly followed by 99 herblore and 99 firmaking :lol:

jaklumen
Inactive

Post by jaklumen » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:17 am

I feel like I've been Rick Roll'd or something, I click on yet another bumped post that might have stayed dead, lol.

+1 Filthy

TrixStar
RSN: trixstar

Post by TrixStar » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:55 am

avidr wrote:How about 99 rc as the minimum requirement to be KOA member, possibly followed by 99 herblore and 99 firmaking :lol:
I approve