Should we raise clan requirements?

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Should we raise clan requirements?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:52 pm

Yes
54%
No
41%
Abstain
5%

Total votes: 37

Jayneann
Inactive
RSN: Jayneann

Re: Should we raise clan requirements?

Post by Jayneann » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:58 pm

I would like to know what benefit any raising of requirements would achieve for the clan. My idea of a "good clan" is one with a lot of happy members who have fun....my idea of a "great clan" is one where people are happy, have fun and are active. I dont see cb or totals as a requirement for either.

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Post by Deep_Pain » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:28 pm

I don't think that is the case jayne.

I see your point, however that is the difference between a good community and a great community, not a good and great clan. (the activity part does count, but i believe it helps activity not hinders)

We are of course a community, however there are several adult communities out there. (on a side note none that I know of are as harmonious as KoA, whether that has anything to do with levels I dont know. Also a lot of other adult clans seem to accept children as long as they are family members, we dont and wont do this. we are an adult clan period.)

Anyway back to the point lol, Sorry I get side tracked.

We are a clan, not a community, we are a clan with a strong community yes.

But any changes we make to requirements are about our needs as a clan. I cant see any way this would effect our community adversly. Yes we might lose future applicants, but we might also gain some, so it doesnt really hurt the community.

The changes would be purely for efficiency.

We are a very active adult clan, I know of no other adult clan that has our forum activity or event activity. There could well be one that competes on one or the other, I dont think so, but certainly not both.

We are a mixed event clan, so our requirements are either combat or skill.

We required 100 combat for the type of combat events we do as a clan, godwars, castlewars, pking, kq, kbd, etc etc

now 100 combat is in reality lower than it was, people with 100 combat are not as effective at these events.

It is purely to even the strength of the combat side of the clan, for those that consider themselves combat players.

The same is true for skilling, the majority of our skilling events will require a skill level, ie 60 agility or a quest for fishing etc etc..

the chances are if someone considers themselves a skiller and has 1600 skill total, then they will be able to take part in our skilling events.

We are very much a clan as well as a community, it would be easy to have no requirements at all and still have a great community, but we would be flooded with the issues the other adult clans have, lots of kids joining (most dont advertise in public at all), difficulty to arrange events because the clan skills are so diverse, often you see adult clans with lvl 30's etc.

Our events should encompass everyone, if you joined as a combat player, you will be able to attend all our combat events.

If you joined as a skiller, you should be able to attend all our skill events.

The raise is just to keep it that way.

110 combat isnt a high bar for godwars etc..
1600 skill total is comparitively low. (700 levels from max)

just my pov, being admin doesnt make me right :p

the vote is everyones not mine.

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Kaejer
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Kaejer

Post by Kaejer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:20 am

I never really liked clan requirements beyond something general like 18+ age. However, I also don't mind having the clan requirements, because it does weed out people who are less interested in RuneScape.

In other words, I don't like level requirements, but I don't mind them :P. I voted no, but if level requirements raise then it won't bother me much at all.

2pdparker

Post by 2pdparker » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:37 pm

when i joined i wasnt inform this was a skill clan... if its not y have 1600 total??

and 110cb as this is an adult clan people ahve got kids and work... sometimes they are unable to get online which means they cant train.

i think the age restriction is more then adaquote. y raise the bar to stop more people, u cud always say u dont like the application, y make the requirements higher?

but hey its ur clan, im jus a member :D

2pdparker

Post by 2pdparker » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:43 pm

We required 100 combat for the type of combat events we do as a clan, godwars, castlewars, pking, kq, kbd, etc etc

now 100 combat is in reality lower than it was, people with 100 combat are not as effective at these events.

It is purely to even the strength of the combat side of the clan, for those that consider themselves combat players.

after reading this post i had to laugh.

im 132cb and i wud rather help a lvl 98 get money to help with his stats, weather thats jus me or not i dunno.

but i really dont c the point in havin to be 100 or 110cb to join. 18yrs+ is enuf

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:45 pm

The problem with making the clan requirement exclusively age related, is that there isn't concrete way of enforcing that, whereas character stats if verifiable.

2pdparker

Post by 2pdparker » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:48 pm

Ewsentinel wrote:The problem with making the clan requirement exclusively age related, is that there isn't concrete way of enforcing that, whereas character stats if verifiable.

ok 1600+ to make sure they done quests...

i got a friend whos 1416 total and he can fish monks... y not make the questions in application more brutal??

ask questions like: can u fish monks?
have u been to gwd?

no need to say oh ur not 110cb or 1600 total ur not coming in!
to me u sayin that u have to have a high total lvl to do stuff is being nasty and sterotypical!

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Post by Hid » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:50 pm

It is not a skill clan, Parker. It is an allround clan who does skills and fights.

Some people prefer skilling above fighting, for those we have skilling events and skilling competitions. A member with low skills would have difficulties to join in on events, when we for example fish at piscatoris or do ape atoll agility. Having 1600+ skill total shows you have dedication in skilling and can probably join our skilling events.

For the ones preferring fighting over skills, there are the combat events. High combat level, 110+, helps in those events when we are fighting high levelled boss monsters or at clan wars.

Finally: this is a decision by the clan members. We all have one vote, so the clan decides if it will be raised or not. Not the staff decides.
KoA achievements

2pdparker

Post by 2pdparker » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:52 pm

my friend is 91cb and 1416 total, he can do both
thats y im saying make the question more skill related, no need to up the requirements.

QueenMaedh
RSN: Queen Maedh

Post by QueenMaedh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:55 pm

You are citing an exception to the rule here parker we are suggesting a way of successfully generalising.
Last edited by QueenMaedh on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hid
Inactive
RSN: h id

Post by Hid » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:59 pm

You've been busy posting as I typed my last post as it seems.

To me a high level shows a dedication to this game. If we didnt have these requirements we would soon be flooded with kids who like to be in an adult clan. With that comes drama, argues and other stuff we don't like in the clan. We can't check if the age they give is true. Adults tend to be more dedicated to a game and achieve higher levels. So a high level can give a sign about the age, although I realise there are many excemptions to this.
KoA achievements

Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:01 pm

2pdparker wrote:my friend is 91cb and 1416 total, he can do both
thats y im saying make the question more skill related, no need to up the requirements.
Most (if not all) of the RS adults that I've met in-game have higher combat level, higher total skill level, or both. While this isn't a guaranty, it's an additional method for filtering out non-adults.

2pdparker

Post by 2pdparker » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:02 pm

Ewsentinel wrote:
Most (if not all) of the RS adults that I've met in-game have higher combat level, higher total skill level, or both. While this isn't a guaranty, it's an additional method for filtering out non-adults.

so if im reading that properly, ur sayin that this player isnt an adult, hes 18, turns 19 on dec 7th, i shud no hes my best friend in rl.

QueenMaedh
RSN: Queen Maedh

Post by QueenMaedh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:04 pm

Let me give you an example. Yesterday I brought about twice as much resources as I would have normally needed to bandos. So did king from what I can see from the pics :)
Now the reason I did that was to ensure that the rest of the clan in particular lower levels than me would not run out of food etc.
I estimate that I gave away about a third of the inventory I brought.
However if we had a much higher level of lower combat levels on the trip obviously it would have drained resources to a much greater degree.

We are a skilling and fighting clan. I am sure your friend is dedicated but at 91 combat he would be about as much use at Bandos as an ashtray on a motorbyke.

Ewsentinel

Post by Ewsentinel » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:05 pm

2pdparker wrote:
Ewsentinel wrote:

so if im reading that properly, ur sayin that this player isnt an adult, hes 18, turns 19 on dec 7th, i shud no hes my best friend in rl.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post.