Jagex rules apply?

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

Deep_Pain
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: Deep Pain
RSN2: Choose Life

Jagex rules apply?

Post by Deep_Pain » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:22 pm

There have been instances of clan members family and friends using their account whilst in our cc, and other infractions of RS rules lately, what should we do about this, we generally speak to each person individually and in private and deal with it on a case by case basis.

However I think our rules may cause some confusion. We have a no report rule to protect our members and so that they can feel safe talking about life, work, and maybe even swear if neccessary when it all goes wrong :P

However we have no rules that account sharing, rwt, trading between own accounts, autoing and the like.

What people do outside the clan we feel is there own business, however in our cc or on clan events etc..

At the moment we are dealing with such things on a case by case basis, does it need to be more specifically in the clan rules, if so, do we need a jagex rules apply type rule.

We really don't want this clan to have heaps and heaps of rules, but it seems to be causing some confusion. We feel that certain Jagex rules should very much apply, even if we don't agree with the rule ourselves, it reflects badly on the clan if they are broken with our knowledge, at the same time, we don't think anyone in the clan should fear being "told off" for giving out a web address or saying search for this, or asking where another clan member lives, occasionally swearing (extreme circumstances only.. f'in and blinding every second word is very much not allowed :P) etc etc..

Where do we find a balance, what is acceptable and unnacceptable? Do we need a rule/rules? Ideas please? :D

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Ewsentinel
RSN: Ewsentinel

Re: Jagex rules apply?

Post by Ewsentinel » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:16 pm

My oppinion, as it applies to the clan and in cc....

RWT -> I don't care
trading between own accounts (is that still possible?) -> I don't care
autoing -> I don't care
account sharing -> Because we identify not only that account, but the actual "person" as a member of the clan, account sharing while in CC, at clan events, or PMing clan members should not be allowed, and/or even reportable (the last part I'm on the fence about).

RhondaLGilly
RSN: TheTrueGilly

Post by RhondaLGilly » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi,
I have to reply to this post becasue i feel that I may be one cause that this is here. People have been asking me what im doing and ive been honest in saying that I am trying to get all my stuff off my other account. I rarely use that account and i cant see continuing to pay for it when i dont use it.
I messed up right before trade restrictions went into affect. That account had over 6 months worth of membership (as it was at the time the clan bank, which had been emptied of all items and gp divided between all clan members kal can verify that and what im telling you now). My acct "rlgilly" was due to go non mem and i figured i would transfer everything over and just play on lady. After the trade restrictions had happened I couldnt stand playing on that acct as it was like starting over again, so went back to rlgilly acct. Now over time i am slowly transfering everything back. It wont be like getting the full 10M+ that is in that account, as the trade limits for that account are 21k at the most. So it is something that I am slowly working on.

I apoligize if this has caused concerns within the clan. But I have always prefered honesty over all else.

as far as what ppl do with their rs stuff:

I find real world trading a huge waste of money, for the buyer, and a scam for the seller to use.

Using a bot: I dont see where there could actually be any enjoyment from a bot. you didnt do the work so how can you be proud of gaining the levels.

account sharing: kinda guilty here. when i had to do something real quick jareth would keep my acct on. he wasnt supposed to talk to any one but aparently did. And that was brought up to me in pm and i have not had him do so since then. Although I have never truely shared my account as I dont trust anyone not to sell or drop things I want. I understand that it can be confusing when you think youre talking to one person and it is someone else entirely. So if someone is going to share their account then they need to stay "off line" when it is not them on the account so we dont have to worry about whos playing when. Aside from that I think it is their business who they share thier account with and they should pay the consequences of their actions either from jagex or by loosing items that they wanted.

Giving web sites: if they are web addresses to help with quest, item, monster info and that kind of thing then why not share the info? These forums are difficult to find things on at times. and even if you have such sites listed to help out are they pinned so that they dont go away? everyone has their favorite site for rs help, if not their favorite person to ask (lol). so as long as its rs related then why mess with it. But if the sites begin to be non rs related then by all means that should constitute a warning and if continued then a probation or ban.

Those are just my opinions on this post. I know that they may make others upset in one way or another but that is how i feel on the subject and I should be able to voice my opinons.

Thanks for the time and space.

Rlgilly

Dima
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Dima

Post by Dima » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:02 am

Rlgilly wrote:I have to reply to this post becasue i feel that I may be one cause that this is here.
Nah. S'because Korella dragged a clan member to abuse some game mechanics then let another guy play his account.
Now, as for the main attraction, I'll go over each and every one of them!
1. Offensive Language - o'course it should be apprehended if it's offensive towards someone, but ranting about frantically is an important role of our freedom of speech, and hence not to be interfered with.
2. Item Scamming - indeed a serious crime if done for the soul purpose of gaining profit.
3. Password Scamming - same.
4. Cheating/Bug Abuse - it's your account, so do what you want with it, but don't brag about it in front of others since they become in danger too for kindly not snitching about it.

5. Jagex Staff Impersonation - that's pretty silly.
6. Account Sharing/Trading - same as cheating.
7. Third Party Software - likewise.

8. Multiple Logging-In - wouldn't achieve much.
9. Encouraging Others to break Rules - that's a foul crime, especially when it gets others' accounts in jeopardy. I'd recommend enforcing it.
10. Misuse of Customer Support - heh. How can we forget the guy who got horny about black dragons, and contacted Jagex about it. Don't mind at all.
11. Advertising/Website - as long as it's legit, I don't see a reason to do anything about it.
12. Real World Trading - much like rule #4 - we don't want to know.
13. Personal Details - I see no problem with this as long as it's voluntarily.

14. Misuse of Forums - they're already misused beyond remedy.
15. Advert Blocking - I pay, I play (without adverts).
I had an awesome signature, but the internet went bankrupt.

9_red_monkey
Inactive
RSN: 9 red monkey

Post by 9_red_monkey » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:44 am

I think if you are gonna be dumb enough to break a Jagex rule, keep it to yourself. I have never had anyone play on my account but if I did, I wouldnt tell anyone I did.

All other rules shouldnt be broken imo but there again, if you do, dont tell us. It keeps us free from having to worry about punishing you.

tntxpress
Inactive
RSN: tntxpress

Post by tntxpress » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:16 am

in my opinion it is very simple...most of jagex rules are basic common sense and to protect them...wat u do with ur stuff is up to you if you are paying to play...

with that said...wat we do in the clan is also very basic...do not lie to other members...do not steal from other members...do not cheat other members for your personal gain...

most of us are here to have an adopted family of fun and to learn from each other...not take advantage...

pretty basic...dont see the reason to get complicated with a bunce of rules that should point back to these simple 3 anyway

well that's my 2 penny's worth

galdar
Inactive
RSN: Dr Wilde

Post by galdar » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:36 pm

Trust in the administrators to handle the situation. As the rules for the clan state. Report it to the clan ad's. All others report to jagex. :P :P :P :P
Attachments
aka_m1a1.png
aka_m1a1.png (38.6 KiB) Viewed 2589 times

Pa7uL
Inactive
RSN: Lord Pa7ul

Post by Pa7uL » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:42 pm

i feel that rwt and boting are both vary much against the spirit of the game, unfair, and can seriously off set the game for the rest of us. People that do these things should be reported. however i don't think account sharing between family members and rl friends is to big an offense but if people do it they should probably stay out of the cc. i don't see any reason why two accounts owned by the same person should not interact other than it being a left over rule to stop scammers form drop trading things from a stolen account or something along those lines.

Eleus
Inactive

Post by Eleus » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:45 pm

I am with Paul against autoing/botting/sharing. I once threatened to sue Jagex in the Forums as they claimed there 'were no cheats in Runescape', when I was surrounded by botters on a daily basis. As a result, I never get any decent drops, but no loss, I stand by my principles, however poor I am.

Re: family members, I have to say I am against, for the following:

1. It sort of is cheating, as you can go to bed and get your characters levels increased. However, if you do so, you run the risk of waking up and finding your best stuff sold for a 'great bargain'! IMO tough, serves you right. Jagex states we should not share accounts.

2. I would also find it very uncomfortable to be chatting with someone I think I know, who turns out to be not that person at all! It could also end up quite nasty, considering some of the friendly but harmless banter we have, if a different family member was on the account. For example, chatting in the clan (as 'other family member' will have a different perpective) so may influence other clanners against you; and also, in Real Life!! A spouse/child may not find harmless banter so amusing without knowing the history behind it.

That's my input to this debate anyway.

blarny3
KoA Alumni
KoA Alumni
RSN: blarny3

Post by blarny3 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:27 pm

In my opinion sharing accounts while in cc should not be allowed, especially as we all participate in skill week. Also I agree I do not want to be talking to anyone who is not who I think they are, as it causes confusion and conflict.

Real world trading I do not even know what this is lol, but if it means someone sells their account whilst in our clan, then we could havea problem.

Botting is cheating...plain and simple, and I have no time for cheaters.
ImageImage