Acceptable behaviour in the CC - discussion.

Anything to do with the clan - suggestions - democracy - announcements - citadel.

Moderators: Citadel Overseer, Media, Liaison Team

B F O A
RSN: B F O A

Re: Acceptable behaviour in the CC - discussion.

Post by B F O A » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Deep_Pain wrote:Dave.

We have several steps if you have an issue with a member.

firstly we ask that people try and speak to a member directly.
secondly we ask if people feel that didnt go well, or they cant do that, that they raise the issue with staff.
Staff will then discuss the issue, and if neccessary admins will further discuss the issue and if any further action needs to be taken, it will be.

I would suggest you follow that process - and in following that process, allow staff / admins to deal with the situation as neccessary.
Perhaps it would be useful to our less outgoing members if we created a more comprehensive template of how to approach a member? Or perhaps a catch all phrase that someone can use when they do have an issue. I feel like that will assist the people who don't know how to bring up an issue without sounding offensive, or that don't want to offend the offender.

16sweetangel
RSN: 16sweetangel

Post by 16sweetangel » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:00 pm

would be good to know wat was said ? and the wc is just mistakes shouldnt be took seriously we are all adults here

Oobz
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Oobz

Post by Oobz » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:58 pm

16sweetangel wrote:would be good to know wat was said ? and the wc is just mistakes shouldnt be took seriously we are all adults here
The people talking about the wc are just kidding, angel. This post was made a while back about the general acceptable behaviour in the CC, so there is nothing that was said in particular that made us post this announcement :)
B F O A wrote:Perhaps it would be useful to our less outgoing members if we created a more comprehensive template of how to approach a member? Or perhaps a catch all phrase that someone can use when they do have an issue. I feel like that will assist the people who don't know how to bring up an issue without sounding offensive, or that don't want to offend the offender.
Not sure if we are able to create an actual template for this sort of thing, but maybe we can suggest that if a person is unsure how to approach another member, they seek out a member of staff to see if they can help them with how they approach that person and maybe give them a few suggestions on how to start the conversation. Maybe it is possible to create something like this, we are always open to suggestions :D

You do make a good point about some of our less outgoing members, so thanks for bringing it up.
Image Image

SnowAngel
Inactive
RSN: SnowAngel

Post by SnowAngel » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:14 pm

If anyone is offended/uncomfortable about what is being said in cc and you don't feel you want to pm that person, feel free to pm me if I'm on and I'll help take care of it.
*2nd acct - PurpleSnow
Image Image ImageImageImage

Missing Jeff @};- (Magerpainz)

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:16 pm

sSnowAngel wrote:If anyone is offended/uncomfortable about what is being said in cc and you don't feel you want to pm that person, feel free to pm me if I'm on and I'll help take care of it.
Or any other member of staff, we will all aim to get the situation resolved asap

Calviniuster
RSN: Calviniuster

Post by Calviniuster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:23 am

First off, I obviously missed the point. Thought it was about drama; it wasn't.

But I do love the irony. It wasn't about drama, but it seems like the issue is so sensitive it could easily be tipped into drama (and in fact, seems already leaning that direction). I know I'm odd, but I find that rather amusing.

Its a strange balancing act we're asked to do. Be tolerant, but don't offend; conform to standards, but feel free to be yourself; accept others, but message them when you don't like their actions...

I hope admin doesn't have to, and won't, act on this. How can one legislate morality?

Shortstuff
Clan Member
Clan Member
RSN: Shortstuff

Post by Shortstuff » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:59 am

ive added a quote of the original message in the my 'first' post, as i dont want members thinking my post was the origianl idea for this thread

Wingfoot
RSN: Lost Prayer

Post by Wingfoot » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Calviniuster wrote:First off, I obviously missed the point. Thought it was about drama; it wasn't.

But I do love the irony. It wasn't about drama, but it seems like the issue is so sensitive it could easily be tipped into drama (and in fact, seems already leaning that direction). I know I'm odd, but I find that rather amusing.

Its a strange balancing act we're asked to do. Be tolerant, but don't offend; conform to standards, but feel free to be yourself; accept others, but message them when you don't like their actions...

I hope admin doesn't have to, and won't, act on this. How can one legislate morality?

I said I was done posting on this topic however.. I absolutely LOVED this post by Calviniuster. I would have to agree with this post.. There are boundaries and people do cross them.. But they should catch on themselves and reign it in like mature adults..

Not trying to agitate the water, and sorry if I did.
[color=#000000]Si vis pacem para bellum[/color]

Blackxp
Inactive
RSN: Blackxp

Post by Blackxp » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:31 pm

So what actually happened? Or is that going to agitate the issue?

From my skimming of posts I am pretty sure the only thing i got from this is "cougar talk" so I must say I am thoroughly confused.

Wingfoot
RSN: Lost Prayer

Post by Wingfoot » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Essentially just inappropriate talk of various sorts and topics. Unless I am mistaken.. <- Which is a possibility for sure.
[color=#000000]Si vis pacem para bellum[/color]

Diplomatt
Inactive
RSN: Diplomatt

Post by Diplomatt » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:40 pm

It was Deb!!! She was trying to eat everyone! Because I was cruely killed, I cant take any further part in the game but she wasn't trying to be a little cute kitten!

Diplomatt
Inactive

Post by Diplomatt » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:46 pm

Before you reply Blackxp, no, she wasn't trying to be a bear either!

Blackxp
Inactive
RSN: Blackxp

Post by Blackxp » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Dangit! I had to delete by 5 page essay I just wrote about the bear!

Fluff
RSN: Fluff n Slay

Post by Fluff » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:48 pm

I just found out what cougar talk is ^^
ImageImage

Diplomatt
Inactive

Post by Diplomatt » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Fluff wrote:I just found out what cougar talk is ^^

I thought you would have already known what that was! :P